ShoraiSA offers a Limited Three-Year Warranty for LFX batteries, for defects in material and/or workmanship, pertaining to sales originating and delivered within South Africa.
All warranty claims for products purchased and delivered within South Africa are handled directly by ShoraiSA . Do not contact your reseller for warranty claims. See Our Warranty Claim Form for submission of warranty claims, and Return Material Authorization (RMA#) procedure.
Replacement batteries are to be issued by ShoraiSA and sent directly to the customer. If an exception is requested, a dealership is not authorized to issue a replacement battery without prior written authorization from ShoraiSA.
Please do NOT return any product without an RMA#, or before ShoraiSA has contacted you to perform some simple diagnostics. In many cases issues can be solved prior to return.
Conditions which will void warranty
- Opening the battery case will void the warranty
- Applications not listed on the ShoraiSA website product finder such as: Aircraft, Automotive, Motive power (LFX as main power source, not engine starter)
- Over-voltage charging, or other error by charger or user setting of charger
- Use in excess of cranking (CCA) specifications
- Short circuit of main terminals or BMS port
- Short circuit caused by improper installation
- Improper connections to the 5-pin BMS port
- Over-discharge (i.e. resting voltage allowed to fall below 12.8V/6.4V for LFX 12V/6V types)
- Physical Damage to the battery occurring after purchase (impact, etc)
Shorai batteries will generally work in vehicles up to 110 Cubic Inches or 1800 Cubic Centimeters (LFX36L3-BS12 and LFX36A3-BS12 series). If you have a stock motor pulled from another vehicle, then you can use our battery finder to select the battery that the motor came from as long as the starter gearing is the same. If you have any other questions, please give us a call and we will assist you.
- A free replacement will only be issued once during the warranty period. Any additional replacements will be prorated at the sole discretion of ShoraiSA.